Working to conceive or maybe you just want to put you and your partner in the mood? Try this delicious salsa!
The avocado was considered the ultimate fertility foods, according to the Aztecs. Its high Vitamin E content helps increase sperm motility and prevents “clumping” during the journey to the egg. A great source of good fats, these fruits help balance and nourish hormones and regulate the menstrual cycle.
Have you ever noticed that figs hang in twos when they grow, just like the male…? Well, you get the picture. Figs also help increase sperm mobility and count. But for women, they are a great source of non-dairy calcium and are high in fiber (hence Fig Newtons!). This salsa is seriously delicious, but since it helps propel both men and women’s fertility potential, I’d just go ahead and make double. Unless you want to start a fight, just to make up!
Avocado and Fig Super Sexy Fertility Salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 fresh figs, chopped (I prefer the black mission figs)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ – ¾ tsp. raw honey to taste
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, tomato, figs, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together spices, lime juice, and honey. Drizzle it over avocado mixture and mix gently. Refrigerate for at least an hour (if you can wait that long) to allow flavors to blend and enjoy!