From pediatrics, women’s care, men’s care, and elder care, we are here to help you “be” well!
As part of our mission to provide our patients with more options for optimal healthcare, be. Women’s Health & Wellness provides family medicine in addition to OB/GYN services.
Family medicine is one of the oldest practices in history, and as our society grew, it became even more prevalent. In the 1800s, as the US population began settling in small towns, traveling doctors made house calls to address the medical needs of every member of the family. These doctors knew each family well and were a part of every stage of a person’s life from infancy, through illnesses, fractures, and check-ups, through adulthood.
This whole family healthcare concept is alive and well today with the practice of family medicine, which focuses on lasting, caring relationships with patients and their families. It includes care for everyone, at all stages of life.
Our Family Medicine services include:
- Complete physical exams
- Sports physicals
- Well-child exams
- Routine screenings
Management of Acute and Chronic Illnesses
- Coughs, colds, flu, and sore throats
- Sinus infections and upper respiratory infections
- Sprains and strains
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- Thyroid problems
- Hormone replacement therapy for men and women
- BioTE pellets for women and men
Testing and Procedures
- Various blood work and urine tests
- Minor surgical procedures:
- skin biopsies
- large joint injections
- laceration repairs
- ingrown toenails
- excisions of moles/skin tags
- needle aspiration
- drainage of small abscesses